WIN XP not recognizing CD-RW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIN XP not recognizing CD-RW

I have two hard drives on primary IDE and a SONY CD-RW on secondary slave. My burner used to work fine before I tweaked XP by the FORMAT-RELAX forum... During that procedure I might have screwed up something but I'm not sure.. If you have a clue what I might have possibly done wrong please point it out... (could be IRQ but I dunno how to fix that through regedit...)

Not Recognizing: Drive shows up in my BIOS, but is unreachable and not showing on XP.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

P.S. I already tried lowering my PIO down to 3 and it didnt work...:cry:

Originally posted by transistance
    I have two hard drives on primary IDE and a SONY CD-RW on secondary slave. My burner used to work fine before I tweaked XP by the FORMAT-RELAX forum... During that procedure I might have screwed up something but I'm not sure.. If you have a clue what I might have possibly done wrong please point it out... (could be IRQ but I dunno how to fix that through regedit...)

Not Recognizing: Drive shows up in my BIOS, but is unreachable and not showing on XP.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

P.S. I already tried lowering my PIO down to 3 and it didnt work...:cry:
    Do you have another drive on the secondary ide channel?If not your burner should be set to master and be connected to end connector of cable .Well if everything was working before,try undoing the changes.Lastly you can try powering down your system and unplug ide cable from burner,reboot and power down again and reconnect ide cable and let windows redetect your drive.Hope this this makes sense.

Comment

Are u using built in XP burning software, or real software like Nero or something?

If its the built in XP one, you probably disabled the service that allows it.
      If thats the case, go to control panel, administrative tools, services and look for something that mentions CD burning.
      Otherwise, good luck.

Comment

I use Nero 6 Ultra. But my problem is not with burning.. My problem is that XP does not recognize my drive and thus nothing under xp recognizes it either...

Comment

wat do you have as Secondary Master? CD-RW drives like to be as Master drives. have you tried uninstalling secondary IDE in device manager?
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thanks for the fix on ide uninstallation.... Though I still have problems with nero... But it might just be the .nrg file being ****yy...

Comment

Ya just may need to reinstall Nero again so that it can re-recognise the drive again.

Comment

Working...
              X