Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 98

Hi everyone

Has anyone gotten an error message in Win 98 that suggests increasing the "Minsp" value in system.ini?

I looked for Minsp and could not find it.

My computer is pretty unstable right now when on the internet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sahadeva

The radical answer: Format and reinstall with all the windows updates. If windows was installed long ago and many programs have been installed/uninstalled, a complete format is the best... if you know how to do! If you do you can install WinXp instead, if you have a PIII 500 with at least 128 meg of ram (minimum), winXP will be able to run.
    Hope that help!
    : peace2:

Comment

MinSPs=Minimum Stack Pages
      these errors usually occur b'cos of a bad device driver. try looking for an update for any of your device drivers.
      till then try this
      Go to start-run, type sysedit without the quotation mark and OK to open the System Configuration Editor. Select the system.ini window.
      Go to the section and add the following line to the [386Enh] section of the System.ini file.

[386Enh]
      MinSPs=12

Save the system.ini. Exit the System ConfigurationEditor and restart the computer.
      If the problem persists, increase the number of spare stack pages in increments of 4 (for example, 8, 12, 16). Each spare stack page requires 4 kilobytes of memory. There should never be an odd number. It should be in increments of "4" if i m right.

P.S. Win98 by default handles MinSps by itself. so pls back up your stuff if something goes wrong accidentally.
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
      X