Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows clock gains time

hey all,
    how can i slow down the clock in the taskbar on windows me? it gains about 3 minutes a month....thanks, brian

If you double click your time icon, you will bring up a properties window. Go to the tab on the right and you will see a check box giving you the option to use an online clock service automatically. Use in accordance with your own preferences.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

WHEN I TRY THAT, ALL I GET IS A ADJUST TIME AND DATE WINDOW, NO OTHER OPTIONS EXIST................?

Comment

CAPS?

anyway, you must not be using winXP, try atomic clock instead

Comment

i'll try that. note the original post says windows me. thanks..............brian

caps was a mistake

Comment

Originally posted by brianrly
            note the original post says windows me
            :o oops, I missed that

Comment

I did as well. The cause will be your motherboard. Sometimes a BIOS update can fix it, but if you use something like minibubba linked to above it will handle the problem for you.
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

I have had very few M/Bs that had perfectly accurate clocks, only one was even close, and that M/B had a Cyrix 486DLC. The accuracy of the system clock is not a high priority where CPU resources are concerned, and as a result the clock gains or loses time. Not much you can do, except update it regularly.

Comment

Working...
                X