make windows look like mac os x 10.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make windows look like mac os x 10.2?

How can i amke it likke that does someone have a know pack that works or a theme for windows blinds and/or style xp???:smokin:

U could use Litestep (http://www.litestep.net), and then d/l The Panther Skin (http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.as...y=6&SkinID=303).

Jimbo

Comment

there have been a couple questions about this recently. are there some screen shots or rummors floating around the net or something? I've never seen so much interest in getting windows to looks like a OSX before :confused:

Comment

It's because most people are realising now how good Macs actually are, and seeing as they can't actually have one themselves, they are dressing their PC up to look like one, hoping to fool others.. :)

There's a Mac OS X boot screen out there as well that looks very legit.

Comment

it would be easier to get Linux to look and act like OSX. Actually it is quite easy seeing as I've done it before, but I guess going Linux is just too much for people.

Comment

Despite what people say, going to Linux isn't that easy for dedicated Windows users. I consider myself reasonably ept with computers, but I had trouble getting Linux to do what I wanted it to. The learning curve outweighed the benefits for me.

Comment

I feel Beefy's pain, but once I saw XP I've resigned myself to someday learning the in's n' out's of Linux.

Just as soon as I can't get the job done using 98 SE anymore.
              I think I got some time left though:?:
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                The learning curve outweighed the benefits for me.
                really?!?!?! :eek:
                Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                ======================
                jabber : [email protected]
                =======================
                Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
                  really?!?!?! :eek:
                  Sadly, yeah. I had a bit of spare time at work, so I set up a machine to play with. I was experimenting with Windows file sharing via Samba and other things, and I just gave up after a while. Things just weren't clicking. If I needed to do it, I'm sure I could put the effort in, but for what I was getting out of it, I didn't bother.

To me, it's like fishing. I could go and spend heaps of time and effort in catching and preparing fish, then having a great meal, or I can take the easy option out and go buy a prepared fish and enjoy that just as much. :) Call it the lazy option.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo51
                    U could use Litestep (http://www.litestep.net), and then d/l The Panther Skin (http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.as...y=6&SkinID=303).

Jimbo

litestep is down i got it tohugh thanks

Comment

hmm i didnt think the transition from windows to linux was that bad, although i suppose part of it depends on what apps you use in windows. Since I had already been using lots of free software I have much of the same stuff in Linux as I did in Windows. If you ever want to try switching again Beefy I suggest tryin out one of the more complicated distros like slackware, or my personal favorite Gentoo as you'll learn a great deal about linux in a relatively short amount of time because you have to to make things work ;)

Comment

Originally posted by theyneverknew
                        If you ever want to try switching again Beefy I suggest tryin out one of the more complicated distros like slackware, or my personal favorite Gentoo as you'll learn a great deal about linux in a relatively short amount of time because you have to to make things work ;)
                        I don't think that's the best way to do it. I was playing around with Linux because I hadn't really touched on it before, and wanted to see what it was like. Setting up one of the more complicated versions would just drive me away quicker. As it's not a necessity, I wouldn't put myself through the pain of setting it up. :) It's just me.

Comment

Check out iceman's Emulation Page http://www.jonmega.com/~iceman/ (Note: this is a different iceman's website) It should have everything you need.

Comment

Love the site Iceman (even better sig lol, i'm havin' that one), might give it a go as the litestep osx jaguar skin didn't work great. As for Linux i wouldn't know as i haven't tried it.

Comment

Working...
                            X