X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded it from microsoft!

Comment

Hmm... didn't realize Microsoft had gone to ISO image files, but it still sounds as if the download was corrupted in some manner. You might just have to sign back on and download it again. If on a broadband connection, then it shouldn't be too long a download, and if on a dial-up, then make sure to disable download managers as they can sometimes be the cause of corrupted images.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Sounds like you're trying to install it while running Windows. The best way to install it is to boot from the CD when you start the computer.

Comment

Woah now, let's go back a step. You tried booting from CD? What happened? Have you ever installed an operating system before?

Comment

Right, I put the disk in and I get the screen you see above, but when I click install windows server 2003 nothing happens. I have put operating systems on before, but not one from an .iso disk. Help please?

Comment

Being from an ISO shouldn't make a different. As long as you burnt the CD as an image, and not extracted the files out manually and burnt them, then the CD should be bootable. In case you aren't sure what that means, you can turn your computer on and set it to load from the CD first, instead of the HDD. Then it will start the installation from there, instead of booting up your current OS first and trying to install from that.

More to the point, why do you even want Windows 2003 Server? No offense, but it seems to me that you don't really know your way around PCs that well, and installing a server operating system is going to need a lot of work if you want to use it as a normal desktop operating system. So unless you've got specific need for a server operating system, then I don't see why you'd want to install it.

Comment

I got it working, but now it says cannot put over windows xp, it says advance now, whats that mean? here is a screenshot!

[EDIT] I cropped this attachment because it was gettin' far too BIG in size (consider those ppl on dialup) and why didn't ya just save it as a .jpg as that would not only give a better pic but also a smaller file size? :rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by Mobile2001
                  I got it working, but now it says cannot put over windows xp, it says advance now, whats that mean? here is a screenshot!
                  Enough with the huge screenshot. You haven't answered my question from before. You don't seem to have the knowledge to install a new operating system by reading though what is prompted, so if you're planning on installing a server based operating system, then it's more work still. Please, before you go on, can you explain why you are wanting to do this?

Comment

Could you help me then by telling me a web site that will help me with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mobile2001
                      Could you help me then by telling me a web site that will help me with this?
                      we can help you with this, but you have to work with us. people have asked you questions and given advice but you continue like nothing was said. Getting help here is a 2 way street. If you want help, you at least have to pretend like you are listening.
                      :)

1. have you installed an OS before?

2. why do you want to install a server OS?

3. do no installed from windows, boot off the CD.

Comment

I have installed a OS before. I want windows server 2003 because my mate has got it and likes it. Why should I boot from disk, why not windows?

Comment

One more question: Is it the full version or evaluation version?

Comment

Its the full version!

Comment

So, you downloaded the full version, huh? Hey, tell me. Did you even bother reading the forum rules?

Comment

it don't matter now i just click continue and installed windows server 2003, and it insalled ok, just sorting it out now, thanks everyone for your help

Comment

Working...
                                X