Windows Xp Professional Blue Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Xp Professional Blue Screen

HElp! Whenever i turn on my pc, it loads the xp splash screen, and then a blue screen pops up with the error message, windows has not loaded to prevent damage to your pc the error is Unmountable boot volume, i have not changed my pc since the last time it worked no new programs or anything. please help

That means your boot sector is corrupted, your HD may be heading south, badIDE cable maybe, could be a virus, maybe just a bad install. Does the HD make any weird "clicking noises"?

Comment

boot with the winXP CD and enter the recovery console (press R at first screen), select your installation (probably 1) and enter your admin password. When you get a command prompt, enter the following:[code:1:a9c93a682f]c:\WINDOWS>[b]fixmbr[/b][/code:1:a9c93a682f] (you may have to do this more than once)
      it sound like you've got a boot virus, and if that^ works then I strongly suggest you run a full (updated) virus scan as soon as you boot into windows.

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
        boot with the winXP CD and enter the recovery console (press R at first screen), select your installation (probably 1) and enter your admin password. When you get a command prompt, enter the following:[code:1:6a4a3209af]c:\WINDOWS>[b]fixmbr[/b][/code:1:6a4a3209af] (you may have to do this more than once)
        it sound like you've got a boot virus, and if that^ works then I strongly suggest you run a full (updated) virus scan as soon as you boot into windows.

you can also try the following command line (worked for me :)) :
        chkdsk /r

if there is no ticking noise, reseat the cables and if options above fail: reinstall windows

Comment

Working...
        X