system32 folder opens on start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system32 folder opens on start up

i want to know why my system32 folder opens on start up. and how i can stop this from happening. any help would be appreciated. thanks

I don't really know why it would open, but I guess you could run msconfig and check for startup programs that shouldn't be there (particularly "Explorer.exe" C:\Windows\System32). Definetely get an anti-spyware program and an anti-virus program and run them.

Comment

By the way, what operating system are you using anyway?

Comment

im using win xp professional

Comment

Click start, run, type in msconfig, click ok. Click the startup tab, uncheck all boxes except anything similar to "rundll", or "hkcmd", or anything you know you need (or want). Note that any programs you have that run at startup probably won't run at startup anymore unless you recheck them is msconfig. Download something like Adaware and run it to see if you have any spyware. If you don't have anti-virus software wait for someone else to post a linkn to a good, free anti-virus program (since I don't need to use free anti-virus software I don't know of anything good). I can't really help you much beyond that without more information about your computer.

Comment

i have run adware and my anti virus software and the folder still opens up.

Comment

Did you try using msconfig to see what programs run at startup?

Comment

yes and heres the list

npscheck
                realtime
                stylexp
                "no name" but the command is c:\windows\system32\
                adsgone
                microsoft office
                norton antivirus
                adsgone

but i dont know which one to disable

Comment

i finally got it to stop. thanks for all the help bro :) . and sorry if i took up ur time, but thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X