Windows XP Deactivation..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Deactivation..??

I reformatted a HD with XP Home on it, and now Im running XP Pro on it, but when I reformatted the HD with Home on it, did it automatically deactivate windows?? I want to reinstall windows on another computer, and want to make sure that it deactivated itself before doing this. Anyone? Thanks.

EDIT: [edit edited by minibubba]

'deactivate'? no

next time you install XP home with that key and it asks you to activate, try it, it wont hurt anything. If it wont activate just call up Microsoft with the number provided and explain the situation. Within 5-10 minutes you will get a number to put in and you will be activated. That's it. I've done it myself probably a half-dozen times by this point and M$ has never denied me anything.

Comment

Funny how you edited one minute after minibubba answered. Anyway, it is illegal to use a copy of Windows XP Home on two seperate computers at the same time. You probably can anyway, but I won't say anymore regarding the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
        Funny how you edited one minute after minibubba answered.
        I hate it when that happens :steam:

to answer the edited question: it is illegal to install windows on more than one active PC with the same CD-Key at any time, whether you had to do anything 'special' to get it to work or not.

now I don't really want to close this thread just yet so let's keep this thread legit, ok?

Comment

Yeah guys, sorry, but I wasn't heading into a windows piracy conversation, I just want to be reassured that this install will succesfully work. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X