XP does not see my burner as a burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP does not see my burner as a burner

I just installed XP pro. It sees my cdrw (memorex 1622) as just a cdrom drive ( no burning tab under properties). I have been to both memorex and microsoft and have had no luck finding a driver or a clue. Anyone have any ideas on this? Please help.

Thanks

From a post on the Driver Forum:
    "The Memorex CD-RW 1622 has to be the most tempormental piece of hardware I've ever had the displeasure to use. Unless you have the original software/driver diskette that was included in the packaging, you arn't going to get anywhere, as I have found. The only reason I can even get my system to recognize mine is that I had updated the firmware.

Now, stupid Memorex, they don't include the driver software on their HP, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. "

Most likely, the driver that was running fine on your previous OS is not compatible with XP. You might try
    Driverguide.com and search for your specific model. You may also want to search for a firmware upgrade, but be warned: If it fails, you may end up with an unusable drive. Wish I had an easy fix for ya...:shrug:

Comment

Well I tried the drivers that I found online. They did not work. And from some other searches I've done this seems to be a major pain. So time to upgrade!:D

Thanks for trying

Comment

Working...
      X