This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows NT Logon

Hello, one of my friend's mom was given an older laptop from her company, she brought it to me to se if I could get it to boot into windows. It seems the company had been using windows 2000 professional and she doesnt have the user name and password to log in. Is there anyway I can either completely bypass the Login screen or maybe force the entrance? They prefer that I do not reformat because the computer contains microsoft office and other such programs that they would like to use and I dont have them to install on this computer if i do reformat. Any help is gladly appreciated, thanks alot

for legal reasons, format it.

Comment

By all legal rights the company should've erased all software from it unless they intended her to use it for work purposes and then they should've supplied her with a valid user name and password.

Comment

Oh ok, I'll have to find everything out then and make sure it would be alright for me to reformat or not, thanks

Comment

I have the same problem right now. So...no one answered, any work around to get past the log-in?

If I install XP, will my data fils still be there?

Any help would be much appreciated:cheers:

Comment

since your situation is similar to Moctezuma05 then the same that wiggo and myself said still applies.

Formating the partition(s) effectively removes all the data from those partitions. If you don't back up your important data first, you will lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman1950
              any work around to get past the log-in?
              You got to be kidding..

Comment

Not really

There is a way around...I'll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman1950
                  Not really

There is a way around...I'll keep looking.
                  Good luck.. :)

Comment

I found it and it works

Thanks for the luck : peace2:

[EDIT]: Link removed for legal purposes and it violates Forum Policy. Thread Closed. Admin.

Comment

Working...
                    X