Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Xp- No boot screen

This is my first post thanks- to whoever replies

To tell you guys the truth I have no idea how this happened- I've actually just noticed this morning that when I restart my pc- i just a get a simple black screen for about a couple minutes and then my desktop pops up- No boot screen, No windwos is loading, or welcome screen

However this only occurs when I restart.

I am using windows xp home

No idea why that would happen. Were you messing around with any Windows files? You wouldn't get a welcome screen if you had only one account. In any case, if this actually bothers you, reinstalling Windows would probably fix it, but this really isn't so much a problem as it is, well, wierd.

Comment

maybe i should post this on another section (i have posted on several forums mind you) and this was the only lead i got from somebody

(*To make a quick point it sounds like you are not getting anything other then the resolution that you have the desktop set to. Is the power light on the monitor flashing amber until it goes green at the desktop? If so then on restart the Video card is not resynching the monitor. If you have it when you power up that is because the signal is dropping all the way off and then synching on the way up. Not a problem (per say) but if you need to get the the BIOS you will have to power the system all the way down then boot*)

which really is the case but i want to make sure that this won't be a serious problem

i had tried several things and still nothing i am just posting this to see if this maybe sparks an idea with somebody

thanx for the reply yawgmoth

Comment

Working...
      X