My comp won't boot with cdrom support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My comp won't boot with cdrom support

I'm in the process of building my first comp. The rest of the hardware for it will be here Wednesday. After installing a new mobo I will have to reinstall windows, and install the drivers for all the new hardware. I usume I will have to boot with cdrom support (put the windows cd in and boot, to unistall then reinstall windows). An error comes up when trying to do this. The error reads Disk I/O Error Replace the disk, and then press any key. I Just set the bios up to have the cdrom boot first. I'm not sure what's going on here. If I'm doing this wrong please let me know. Thanks

When the BIOS is spinning up, does it recognize your CD Rom?

Comment

not when it's booting. It will when the comps up and running. The error pops up when it tries to read it.

Comment

Have ya been into the BIOS and what is ya boot order in there? :?:

Comment

yes, I already said that I did in my first post, up top. I normaly have to hd boot first then the cdrom. I switched it so the cdrom would boot first. This is when i get the error message.

Comment

Sorry I missed that little bit now is the CDROM that ya usin' the master of its IDE channel? :?:

Comment

No, I have it set to slave. My hd is set to master

Comment

So ya just usin' the primary IDE channel then? :confused:
                Change the CDROM over to the master of the secondary IDE channel and it should then work for ya.

Comment

Working...
                X