Slipstreaming XP Home, Pro, OEM, Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipstreaming XP Home, Pro, OEM, Upgrade

Have created the C:\OS then sub directories of C:\OS\ROOT, C:\OS\BOOT, and C:\OS\SP I have been able to save the network sp1a and I followed directions and managed to build a bootable XP Home upgrade edition of my XP Home with the newere servrice pac all slipstreamed into it.

My wife has Windows XP Pro
    My Daughter has Windows XP OEM

neither mine, nor the rest of our families original CDs had the Service Pac updates on them.

All things being built with some time and configuring. is it possible to take my wife's XP Pro CD and replace a file or directory in my C:\OS\ROOT that would allow me to build her a slipstreamed Pro version bootable CD that would have her unique CD key with it that matches what is on her computer?

It would be nice to know, as we have 7 comptuers at work with XP Home on them, and if I could configure just one of them with the slipstreamed XP Home bootable info, and be able to replace the file(s) needed to replicate them to their unique machines that would sure save a lot of time if I had to do a "repair" or complete install on them again.

i think this may be what you're looking for: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=295

there are some more links at the bottom of that^ page for using specific buring software as well

Comment

Thanks Minibuba!! I've been there and printed the proceedures, and it works like a charm... I did this before posting, however, but I still wondering if it is possible to replace file(s) or folder in the OS that I created on my hard drive with the file(s) or folder from my wife's CD??

Every CD appears to have a unique identifier that belongs to it and it alone. This is not an idea for a hack but merely trying to save some steps in doing my wife's original CD to slipstream.

Perhaps it isn't feasible.

Comment

Working...
      X