WinXP disabling windowsmessenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP disabling windowsmessenger

does anyone know how to disable windowsmessenger (not msn) in winxp home?

Start > Run > Services.msc
    This and your other two question (which probably should have been put int the same thread) are answered in these guides (which you should read through anyway):

Comment

yes but those are for XPPro and i have XPHome

Comment

What makes you think that? There is little difference between the two, and the guides will help you regardless of which you have.

Comment

the thing about windows messenger tells me to go to start,run, gpedit.msc, and it doesnt exist in winxphome :evil:

Comment

There's more to the guide. That's just one thing you can't do in XP home.

Comment

have you tried doing a search on the net to give a specific answer? :confused:
              a quick google came up with this: http://is-it-true.org/nt/xp/registry/rtips17.shtml

Comment

ya but i still can't find the thing in the guide that shows you how to deactivate my music / pictures folders, only shared docs, and i found a way to fix my second question tought...

Comment

there is another thread around here that has the exact same thing.
                  goto Start > Run and type this: "Regsvr32 /u mydocs.dll" (without quotes) and hit enter. that will remove all those folders like: My eBooks, My music etc. it also gets rid of my pictures.

Comment

isnt it dangerous to play around with dlls?

Comment

well i did it to my XP Professional system and it is still running fine :)

Comment

Originally posted by earth4x
                        isnt it dangerous to play around with dlls?
                        No.

Comment

well doing that command didnt change anything, even if i delete the folders, they always come back :evil:

Comment

Working...
                          X