Change file icon..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change file icon..

My css and jpg files don't seem to want to change back to their original icons despite me changing what they open with. I forget how to change the file icons so I recognize them quicker. Thanks!

Anyone? :?

Comment

I'm pretty much the only one you can expect quick responses from... :D The other veterans don't visit as often as I do.

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Folder Options
      (Switch to classic view in Control Panel, if necessary)
      Click the file type you want to change, and click Advanced. In the Edit File Type box, click Change Icon. Then hit Browse and find the icon you want to change to and click Open.

Comment

Why did all the rest of the vets leave? And I didn't mean to seem like I was complaining, was just bumping the post incase it was missed. You know.. the funny thing is I did the exact same thing, but Advanced isn't there for those file types. I found it is because I set them to open with a different editor, I had to revert it back to the original by pressing Restore and then selecting the correct .dll and selecting the icon I wanted then finally afterwards selecting the proper editor. Just thought I would share..learning alot (didn't even know the icons were in .dll files but I figured when I went to select the icon realized it loaded shells32.dll or something similar and decided to look for a similar .dll in the respective folder for the program and I found resources.dll and wahla.. also seems the icon can be found in exe files as well, wicked).

Comment

Long story.... The site owner kind of screwed us over, especially his unpaid staff. We are all at Beefy's World, which I believe I linked to in another one of your threads.

Comment

Working...
          X