Supressing login password mask (***) with Win XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supressing login password mask (***) with Win XP

Does anyone know of a registry key that allows you to view your login password in plaintext in Win XP, thus suppressing the asterisks that normally show in each character's place?

What I mean is, instead of showing the asterisks that normally appear as you're typing, is there a way to view the characters in plain text? There are applications out there that can decypher the asterisks in another window, but there is also a way to view the text without having to use a secondary app. I just don't know the keys.

Comment

Stuff like this is all over the internet. He can probably find something via Google in under an hour if you don't answer him...

Comment

It was a simple question, one that would only be useful if someone were looking over your shoulder as you typed in your password, something that you both realize, in that someone was looking over your shoulder and in that your password would appear in plaintext. This would have no practical application and was most likely asked because the professor didn't know himself, or because he was curious to see who would find the answer to a problem not easily attainable yet benign in scope.

But this is all irrelevant now as i can see that this forum is only useful for those that would prefer to bicker amongst themselves when they themselves do not know the answer to a question.

In the quest for knowledge, I extend my middle finger to the masses that would rather flame others than help them out.

I am looking elswhere for my answer and anyone that chooses to further degrade me for asking a question on a forum, you will only be playing with yourselves as I will no longer be looking for my answer here.

Good day and good riddance.

Comment

Thread cleaned up, Someone Else, feel free to remain here at TweakTown and I'm going to leave this thread alone in case someone actually does have a decent answer.
          Last edited by amd_man2005; 06-30-2004, 02:46 AM.

Comment

My deleted reply still stands.
            Originally posted by Someone Else
            Good day and good riddance.
            Bye now. :wave:

Comment

Working...
            X