Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Maximize Problem - Registry Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Maximize Problem - Registry Change?

I recently installed a few Stardock programs, such as windowblinds, desktopx, and a few other os-modifying programs. I decided to get rid of them, and later realized that all of my windows maximized full screen, obscuring the taskbar. While that can be useful, it can be a problem when you would like to quickly access various programs with the mouse. I reinstalled the programs, and attempted to remedy the problem, to no avail. If anybody knows any registry values that could be used to fix this "problem" of mine, I would appreciate it.

Re: Weird Maximize Problem - Registry Change?

Press F11. ;)

Comment

Er, no, that doesn't work, it's not the full screen of IE or some other program that has a full screen option. It seems that ALL programs are affected, and any maximized window of any program obscures the taskbar. Anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

I'm not sure I'm fully understandning the problem, but there is a setting under the taskbar properties that when checked forces the taskbar to be on top of any other window. Is this what you're wanting?

Right-click Start-->Properties-->Taskbar tab
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

lol thx. All this time I thought some unknown registry setting had been changed, and the answer was right in front of me. Thank you. That helped a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X