Slipstreaming XP Pro error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipstreaming XP Pro error message

I am trying to slipstream XP Pro and am using the full 266MB SP2 using the instructions on http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsX...p2-bootcd.html but when I get to the stage after extracting the files I get the error message:

Failed to copy some or all of the files necessary for integrated install.
    Please check that:
    a/ No network or copy errors occurred during the integration process.
    b/ The format of the destination directory is correct.
    The files to be integrated must reside in an i386 and/or ia64 or nec98 directory
    (ie. for an i386 share if you typed "update s/:c:\cdshare", the files must be in the c:\cdshare\i386 directory.

I am running XP pro on FAT32. Thanks for any help.

Re: Slipstreaming XP Pro error message

Did you try re-DL'ing it?

Comment

As it is 266MB, no, I thought of trying all else first. However it did install ok, so would that not rule out the possibilty of it being corrupt etc?

Comment

Do a web search for AutoStreamer. It is a very small and useful utility for slipstreaming service packs. I used it to slipstream SP2 into my original XP Pro and it worked great. It simplifies and automates the slipstreaming process. Try it and you will like it!

Comment

try nlite it does it for you automagically.. http://nuhi.msfn.org/nlite.html

also you can use it to customize your installation the way you want it even preload drivers for systems which don't have a floppy drive to install mass storage drivers from. it will even build an ISO file you can burn and make a bootable CD out of..

Comment

For some reason, I got the same error when my target directory was on a different drive (say, D:) than my unpack (say, C:) temp directory. Moving both the SP2 directory & the target to C:\ solved the problem.

You may also want to change the read-only status of your target tree, as I did that first.

Comment

Working...
            X