No announcement yet.

Printing the icons in windows explorer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing the icons in windows explorer?

OK, this is what I want to do, but I am not sure what steps I need to take to get this accomplished. What I am trying to do, is print out the names of the .mp3 songs that I have on a DVD that I created with the "drag to disk" storage system on easy cd creator. (NOTE: "drag to disk" used to be called "direct cd" and does basically the same thing. Basically a packet writing program for storage of files so that you can use a cd the same way you would a hard drive.) I use windows explorer to open the DVD and then can play the files at my leisure, but I want to make a paper list of all the songs that I have, so I don't have to look on the DVD every time I need to see if I already have a song on there or not.

How do I do this? Do I need to take a screenshot or something?? Remember, I am working from windows explorer and have win xp pro with SP2 final installed. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Re: Printing the icons in windows explorer?

At work we use a simple .bat file to print out a listing of file names to the default printer, but I don't go back in until Tuesday. If nobody has solved your problem by then, I'll try to remember to send a copy of it home and copy/paste the pertinent parts.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Printing the icons in windows explorer?

ok, i have not done the ole dos thing in awhile, but what you want to do is this, create a text file called "makelist.bat" and then edit it. place the following code into the file, remembering to alter it to suit your mp3 location:

rem this file will make a text file listing all your mp3's
      rem it will then print out that file
      rem here we go!!
      @echo off
      cls
      rem where it says c:\mp3 , alter this to the path to your mp3's!
      cd c:\mp3
      rem if your mp3's are on a different drive, then switch to that drive
      c:
      dir *.mp3 > mymp3list.txt
      type mymp3list.txt > LPT1
      rem thats it, its not printed out and you also have a text file with the mp3 list too!!!
      exit

that should do it, it will make a file called mymp3list.txt which will list all your mp3s and it will also print that file out once, incase your lazy

Gary

Edit: Oh yea, once the file is created, simply double click on it to run it! lol
      Last edited by GaryGBM; 09-15-2004, 10:35 AM. Reason: forgot to mention to run the file :p

Comment

Working...
      X