Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no appearance & themes in XP

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and I appreciate it's existance. I am sure someone will be able to help me with my newby question. I tend to leave my PC on for long periods of time, sometimes without powering down. When trying to turn on a screen saver in Windows XP Home SP2, I realized that my "appearance and themes" icon was not there. Also, when I right click on the doesktop, all I see is the screen where you can change from XP to classic and so forth, no options for wallpapers, color changes, or anything else. Where did this go and how can I restore this option? I also went into add or remove programs to the windows component section and did not find it there either. I appreciate any feedbacl you could provide. Thanks.
    Pat

Re: no appearance & themes in XP

Right click on desktop > Properties > Desktop tab and Screen Saver tab. You can also go through Control Panel to acces Display. I haven't noticed this to have been changed on any SP2 machines I've worked on, but I dont have SP2 on my own machines, so I'm not positive...

Comment

Re: no appearance & themes in XP

Thanks for the response. When I right click on the desktop or go through the control panel, I get a window called display properties. All that is there is a place to change the themes. There is no option to separately change the background, screensaver, etc. There is supposed to be a section called appearance and themes in the control panel according to what I have read, and I don't have it. I have no idea why not. I look forward to a solution. Thanks.
      Pat

Comment

Working...
      X