Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I permanatly shut down Windows security center after installing SP#2 for WinXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I permanatly shut down Windows security center after installing SP#2 for WinXP

The Windows security center icon keeps popping up ballon info's stating that I should turn on automatic update to protect my computer every time I reboot the system. I can't find a way to stop this through the progarm itself. It's very annoying and don't want auto updates or a firewall and I don't like to leave my virus software running in the background.

Re: How do I permanatly shut down Windows security center after installing SP#2 for WinXP

Services.msc. Find the service in there and disable it.

Comment

Re: How do I permanatly shut down Windows security center after installing SP#2 for WinXP

Hi

There is a way of telling Security Centre not to monitor the state of your system.

if you turn off these setting i.e firewall and automatic updates, you will find that Security Centre states that these settings are now off, this is ok becuse underneath that there is is a button called recomendations.

Select this and you will get a small box appear. If you look down the bottom of this you will find a small tick box with "i have my own **** solution that i will monitor myself" written next to it.

Once this is ticked windows should stop bugging you every five minutes.

Hope this helps

Steelyb
      Last edited by Steelyb; 10-01-2004, 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

go into security center in control panel. Look to the bottom left and click on "change the way security center alerts me". this will open a new window with 3 tick boxes that are all ticked. Untick all of them and then click ok. The security center will now stop bugging you ;)

Gary

Comment

Working...
        X