Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB problem ? windows driver problem

Hi,
    This i think is a software problem, after a friend installed TESCO Broadband her machine will not let her use her scanner or camera. This ADSL broadband uses a usb connection to the computer, the broadband is working great but the computer states that there is no hardware connected for the scanner or camera when she tries to use them, the machine has been check by a local computer firm who state there is nothing wrong with her machine she has windows xp installed. Does anyone have any thoughts , has anyone ever come across this problem??? Device manager shows no exclammation marks just states no hardware when you try to find the properties of the device when the items are connected properly.

Re: USB problem ? windows driver problem

First thing to try is to move the scanner and camera to another USB port. Since the broadband modem is USB based, it may be causing a conflict with the port it is currently using.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

No success even with the modem unplugged!

Comment

Next step is to remove the devices (scanner and camera that is) from Device Manager, remove any associated software and then reboot. This should let Windows discover the devices again when you connect them. Install drivers normally and go from there.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X