• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not logon...

800 MHZ generic laptop w/p3
    380MRAM
    WINXP PRO

I can no longer get my laptop to logon. After entering administrator password, the logon box goes gray for about 15 minutes and nothing else is going on. After this, I get a dialog box " logon could not be completed. Netlogon is not running on this machine". Can some one tell me what's wrong and how do I fix it?

Re: Can not logon...

I've not had a problem with any of our XP boxes, but this error in the Win9x days usually meant the system required a network login to start up and there was a network problem at the time so it refused your login attempt (and any use of the PC at all for that matter). Is the network working properly and is the machine set up to require a valid network login before it loads fully?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Can not logon...

No expert here and not sure if I understood your response but here goes. The PC is not on a network and never has been. The only startup parameter I've used is for the logon as administrator . Same pass as always. I tried safemode and get the same results. Hopefully I gave you the correct info that you were seeking.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X