DNS Error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Error?

I have recently replaced a Win2000 system on my home network with a Dell 2400 running WinXP Home w/sp2 as the client. I have set up ICS for want of a better solution (I use a dial up ISP). The trouble is with the client machine, I cannot connect to all web sites, only some. This was not the case with the old system, all was well with it. I have also tried an old version of Sygate Sharing software I used with the Win2000 system but still no joy. I can connect to www.google.com most of the time, sometime on the first try and www.dogpile.com but not to others like www.cnn.com or www.msn.com

Re: DNS Error?

have you tried turning off the built in windows xp sp2 firewall and seeing if this resolves the problem you should be able to find the firewall icon in control panel. Other things to look at are the pop up protection settings in the security settings of IE. If you are connecting to some webpages and not others I would think it is likely an issue with the xp machine blocking not what is comming from the server as this was working fine before with the 2000 machine.

Griff

Comment

Working...
    X