Please HELP.. weird issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP.. weird issue?

Hey all... I have a user, who is has windows xp on his machine, and seems to be having issues with a printer. Here is what happens.. he will be using a program such as word, and he will be trying to print, so far the only thing that he has found is to restart his notebook.. however due to the inconvience with the time it takes to restart his computer he wants a better solution. Now what has been done.. they have tried removing the printer, and hacked the registry to remove all bits of the printer, (however since this issue has been happening since day one.. on a fresh install of the OS) Now... he is only having this issue with one printer.. as a troubleshooting step, he has tried to hook it up to another printer.. and it worked fine.. as well as he can use network printers and have them work fine. Also its not the hardware of that printer, because after he restarts, he is able to resume printing. I have gotten him to try stopping and starting both RPC, and Printer spooler to see if that whill work instead of restart his whole computer. The printer he is having issues with is a Lexmark x125. The guy has call lexmark support however they are blaming it on the OS and it take him a few hours to get anywhere, which again is time he doesnt have. So if anyone Has any ideas that would be great!!!!

Re: Please HELP.. weird issue?

Installing the latest drivers fixed a similar problem i was having with my lexmark Z33. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
    X