Help lots of files missing in my directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help lots of files missing in my directory

I had a lot of documents on a directory, i saw them in the morning, i go out for a few hours, and when i return the are all gone, not only documents but also different types of files. They couldn't possibly been erased accidentaly since there are a lot of folders inside that folder and the files inside the folders are missing, yet the folders remain. I been browsing through system volume information and found some of my files, and some icons leading to missing files, when i click on them a message pops up:

The element "insertnamehere.doc" which this direct access refers, has changed or has been moved causing this icon to not function correctly, do you wish to delete this icon?

The thing is i searched several times through the search feature in windows but i dont seem to find it.

I haven't reboot the computer in order to preserve anything thta may ahve survived this, does anyone has an idea of how to retrieve my files???

Update

I have found unusually large .chk (the ones created when you run scandisk) files in the found folders, is there any way to open this files or retrieve any information they may contain?

Comment

Working...
    X