begging for help with eyes filled with tears and helplessness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• begging for help with eyes filled with tears and helplessness

i know computer better than average computer users but i hv totally no idea wht is wrong with my PC this time....

about a week ago i started to get random crashes as described below. and i thought that its to do with the new driver. i used drivercleaner and re-installed the previous driver, the crash is still there. after many attempts to solve the problem, i decided to format my windows partition and re-in winXP. after a 100% fresh re-install, the crash is STILL there.

that makes me worry about my hardware. however, i think i shall first go through the crash:

1)its random, it occures in games, in browser, in IE, in WMP, and even when the PC is in screensaver mode.
    2)when it occures, everything including the cursor freezes. u can only reboot
    3) for three to four times, there was a blue screen. once for stop 0x0000007e error and twice for stop 0x0000000a(0x***,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x***) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.searched microsoft.com and with my limited knowledge i can not troubleshoot.
    4) for the most recent two crashes, they both occured in the same 3Dgame, the crash caused a loud NOISE in the headphone i was wearing and freaked me out. the noise is like heavy interuption or a ULTRA-HIGH distortion guitar going mad....and no bluescreen , its in blackscreen for the last two crashes.

And for my specs:
    AMD64 2800+ 9x200Mhz L2=512
    Seagate 80GB SATA 7200 8MB cache
    2x256 DDR PC3200 400Mhz non-branded (this i worry the most)
    ATI 9550 Extreme 128MB 128bit OC to 9600 by Grandmars(manufacture) -i believe that this card is very stable
    Gigabyte nForce3 250 GA-K8NS with AC97 audio and latest BIOS and drivers
    400W branded power supply unit
    cd/dvd rom and floppy drive

my PC used to be very stable and runs tasks smoothly. for once i wanna test the temperature of my cpu under very high workload, i play Half-Life 2, scan virus, BT downlaod, defrag harddisk, play mp3 in WMP all together with the monitoring utility and the temperature raised from 25 to 38, but everything is still running fine and it didnt crash. and the PC is 4 months old and has NEVER crashed unitll a week ago.

please help me to solve this. i have asked eveyone that i know who is good at computer, and i really feel sad about my PC hving such a weird and big problem, and even more sadly, i hv absolutely no idea wht is wrong with it. the crash is getting annoying and i feel helpless....

please share ur opinion/suggestion even if u dont hv much to say, or even telling me wht u think is suspicious. ur help is very much appreciated.

thankyou very much in advance.

Re: begging for help with eyes filled with tears and helplessness

Hey , I have had similar problems with my overclocking of my memory . I am not sure but have you tried all standard bios, set everything to default ?? . does that work ??

Comment

run memtest to check if you have faulty ram or not
      E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Actually run Memtest86+ (Memtest itself is very old and hasn't been updated in a very long time so it has problems with more modern hardware) but I'd be more worried about running that type of setup with anything less than a 480W PSU though I never heard of the "Grandmars" brand before either so whether it's any good or not I can't personally say.

Comment

it might not be GOOD but back in my place its at least well-trusted. and i never had a single problem with my card before, no matter wht drivers or wht game i run. either omega, official catalyst, playing HL2, Doom3, Linage2, CS, DoW...........

and for the PSU, is it really that bad? coz i THINK* 400w is enough. i bought that PSU for aprox $25 , its not the type that came with the case. however, when it comes to OC and power supply, i am sure that i am a complete noob. please kindly advise me, thankyou.

Comment

it might not be GOOD but back in my place its at least well-trusted. <---sry i mean the manu Grandmars

Comment

okay, i ran the memtest86+ for about an hour
              pass 5 and error 0
              does that mean that i passed the test five times without error?
              if its true then wht is wrong with my PC? :(

Comment

Working...
              X