Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD... bad pool header

Hey,
    Got a new pc a couple of months ago from mesh.
    specs are:
    athlon 64 3500+
    gig of RAM
    windows xp home sp2
    ASUS A8NE-FM Mainboard
    DVD
    300gig SATA HD

all was fine at first, and then i had a couple of BSODs i think something to do with IRQ but cnt remember, but i thought nothing of it as nothing more happened.
    I switched my pc off to go away for a few days (dont normally ever turn it off) and when i came back to put it on, it boots up, windows opens, after about 5 seconds, it crashes and i get a BAD_POOL_HEADER error, in which it suggests that i turn off mem shading etc in the BIOS and that i try safe mode.
    Problem:
    pressing f8 at bootup just allows me to choose what device to boot from (HD or DVD drive), so i cant get into safe mode.
    i also think that it might ahve something to do with the DVD writing software that was installed before i received the machine, which has created a virtual DVD drive (vobid) i seem to remember this being mentioned in the first BSOD i got when i booted my machine up.
    I ahve no floppy and no windows cd as mesh provide everything on one disc.

PC really did work fine for the first few months then now i cnt get windows to stay running for long enough to fix anything.

please help :(

Re: BSOD... bad pool header

Any chance you can keep it running long enough to reset it to a restore point?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: BSOD... bad pool header

did that with a built in recovery tool, but it made no difference :S

Comment

Working...
      X