Hi-Speed USB device plugged into a low speed USB hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Speed USB device plugged into a low speed USB hub

I have an scanner that has USB2 interface and works perfectely on any of my USB port.

Now I got an TEAC HUSB2 Harddisk and I always get the error message "Hi-Speed USB device .... " Even when I switch ports with the scanner.

The Device Manager Configuration always shows:

--- SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    ------ USB Root Hub
    --------- USB Mass Storage Device
    ------------ Fujitsu USB Driver (My Harddisk)
    --- SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
    -------USB Root Hub
    ---------- Epson Perfection 3170 (My Scanner)

I have Motherboard Asus P4S533-E and run Xp Professional SP1

Any idea to make the Harddisk to go into the USB Enhanced Controller??

Thanks in Advance

Jesus.

Re: Hi-Speed USB device plugged into a low speed USB hub

Not to question your product knowledge, but have you made sure the scanner is USB v2.0? I ask because most are using the older protocol.

If it is indeed a USB 1.1 scanner, then your problem is easily fixed. Since you said you have already set up SP1 on the system, just go into the Control Panel and remove the USB controllers. After you reboot the system it will load up the new controllers from SP1 and you should not see the message anymore.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Thanks for the info Darthtanion, but it did not work. I removed all the USB Controllers and when I reboot everything got reinstalled as before .. still the USB Hard Disk goes into the UBS 1.1 controllers and still get the error message.

If I remove the USB 1.1 controllers and just left the USB2 one, then the disk it is not recognized.

Comment

Hopefully somebody else can come up with another idea. That trick has always worked well for me when I get the error message about a USB 2 device being hooked to a USB 1.1 port. The updated drivers are included with the SP1 update... but is there maybe a different driver you need since you're running an SiS chipset? Just a thought.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X