Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus!

hey guys,

it started by me finding an un-known process running that would not cancel (it was mssearchnet.exe). i then scaned my computer using Trend Micro Internet Security 2006. it came up with that file being a virus called TROJ_ZLOG.LG. the path is C:\windows\system32\mssearchnet.exe.

i looked it up on the net and tried 2 get rid of it (including the trend micro site). on the trend micro walkthough, it says to end all internet explorer windows, then go into processes window and end all processes which came up on the scan. which are mssearchnet.exe and nvctrl.exe. but the same thing happened at the start, it would exit then restart the process about 2 seconds later.

any help???

Re: Virus!

If I get infected with something, I generally just reformat and do a fresh install of Windows. While it is a hassle, a lot of folks just don't get their machines back to normal after doing a manual uninstall of a virus or trojan.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Have you tried manually deleteing the nasty .exe files that you know about (safe mode may allow you to wipe out the more persistant ones)? That probably won't remove all traces of the virus but it may stop it from running. Not sure why I keep pushing this program but I've had good luck with it ... you may want to try A-Squared http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/ and see if it can wipe out your problem.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

thx guys

i found a site with lots of ppl who hav this problem, i ghav cleaned the virus/ spyware

thx

Comment

Working...
        X