X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vista Feel

I had i good idea but only to be destroyed because i have
    Windows XP Pro x64...
    Is there a patch/fix or what ever, that will change the startbar, icons, and other interesting stuff to a look-a-like windows Vista... I have tried loads of programes that can and they look great, but the only problem is that i have Windows x64 and the programes only support 32-bit.. I Learned the hard way. Its no good when u install a 3rd party explorer that dosnt work..LOL..
    So far i have manged to get a sidebar woth the clock and weather.. but nothink else.....

You may think y are u diong this.. Well cuse its a lot cheaper and XP is a lot stable than Vista, not to mention that Vista use a lot of memory.

Re: The Vista Feel

The Vista Transformation Pack which is regarded as the most comprehensive package to make XP feel like Vista is here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ion-Pack.shtml

It claims that it has "Added partially x64 support for Vista visual stuff but not for system files (experimental)"

So, this pacakge along with Windows Blinds (for the Aura look) seems to work. Just do a Restore Point and get ready to get back to it in case.

Otherwise, have some faith in Vista. It is stable enough to use in a lot of situations, maybe not for games...

Comment

Re: The Vista Feel

Originally posted by CColtManM View Post
      The Vista Transformation Pack which is regarded as the most comprehensive package to make XP feel like Vista is here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ion-Pack.shtml

It claims that it has "Added partially x64 support for Vista visual stuff but not for system files (experimental)"

So, this pacakge along with Windows Blinds (for the Aura look) seems to work. Just do a Restore Point and get ready to get back to it in case.

Otherwise, have some faith in Vista. It is stable enough to use in a lot of situations, maybe not for games...
      I tried this pack, didnt work, when it came to rebooting my pc i thought everythink was fine untill it got to the desktop. It was juust the wallpaper and nothing else.
      Then an error message popped up saying "explorer is an invalid 32-bit app" so somthink like that

Comment

Working...
      X