Vista being recalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista being recalled

My local Walmart just pulled the OS off the shelves. Atleast thats what a store employee told me.

Last edited by Spongebob; 04-17-2007, 09:26 PM.

Re: Vista being recalled

Poppy****. I've seen nothing of a Vista recall (well, there was an April Fools joke...). Perhaps your local Walmart had a specific reason to recall specific retail copies of Vista. It's too late to "recall" the operating system. Besides, you don't recall software. You patch it or send out a replacement version. Worst case scenario is that retail packages get send back to MS for different ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th View Post
      Poppy****. I've seen nothing of a Vista recall (well, there was an April Fools joke...). Perhaps your local Walmart had a specific reason to recall specific retail copies of Vista. It's too late to "recall" the operating system. Besides, you don't recall software. You patch it or send out a replacement version. Worst case scenario is that retail packages get send back to MS for different ones.
      I seen that April fools thing also and couldn't find anything else about a recall with Google. He did mention that they were the basic version of the OS so maybe they are just clearing the shelves to make room for something else and this guy thought it was because of a recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th View Post
        Poppy****
        BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

That has to be the nicest response to BS I have seen from you yet! I also agree that there is no way possible for software to be recalled, besides the fact that M$ would never in a million years say they failed **cough** WIN ME **cough**. That would be bad for Uncle Billy and profits.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
          BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

That has to be the nicest response to BS I have seen from you yet! I also agree that there is no way possible for software to be recalled, besides the fact that M$ would never in a million years say they failed **cough** WIN ME **cough**. That would be bad for Uncle Billy and profits.

That guy was full of it. I just called this morning and they still have it. Sorry for stirring the pot:)...

Comment

Bah, don't worry. It's not like you're a newb looking to troll. It gave some of us a good laugh!
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate
            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
            X