Can someone help me with this..please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me with this..please

How to get a folder back after formating a drive...
    As i hac formated my c:drive but had a folder in that which contains sum imp files so can neone help me how to get that folder back...

Re: Can someone help me with this..please

If you desperately need it back...i think the only way is to go to a data recovery shop and ask them if they can do it. But they are very expensive though.

Next time you should check wether you have forgotten anytthing before reformatting.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

It will be iffy as to whether you can get it back or not. If all you did was format the drive, then the data should be recoverable. If you reinstalled Windows as well (assuming this since you state it was a C:\ drive), then the data will only still be resident if you did not overwrite the disk sectors where that data was stored.

You might try doing a Google search for data recovery tools. I cannot recommend anything available to the civilian sector since I don't use them. I have professional tools that are only available to law enforcement, so haven't tried anything that you find available for download.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I think U can't.

Comment

As Darth said, if you installed Windows on the drive and it over-writes your data it is toast and unrecoverable. If you used the same HD to post this, your data is gone. Data recovery chances trickle every millisecond you use the drive.

Comment

its possible even if written over - but will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$%$$$$$$$$$$$!@#$#@#$!$#

but for the average user consider it gone if you've overwritten data - you will be able to get some data back, maybe

majorgeeks have a list of HD tools that are pretty good
            http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
            X