Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a Windows XP CD

Hi,

My Thinkpad T42's hard drive is too small, so I have a new 160G drive. I've tried cloning it only to get the miserable "Bad_Pool_Header" error and restart problem. So, I was thinking that if there were a way to create a Windows XP disc from my existing hard drive (the product key is on the bottom of the laptop), so I could format the new drive, and install XP on it. Then install the programs I use and copy the data over via USB. Sure it's a bit cumbersome, but it's better than the "Bad_Pool_Header" error and restart problem.

Is what I want do-able? Can I really create a Windows XP CD? Do tell!

Re: How to create a Windows XP CD

As far as I know there is no way to make an installation disk from your existing install. As long as you have a valid product key, just download the media from a reliable torrent site. The media is generic, so make certain to look for a true image of the XP disk and not a hacked version (that will cause you problems in the future). If space is that limited, see if a buddy can download it for you then restore the image to a CD disk. Just make sure you get the proper version for the key you have (Home, Professional, whatever).
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: How to create a Windows XP CD

if you really want to make your own XP disk

but you'll need to find an original XP disk and use your legitimate key

if you've got the i386 folder on your HD you could recreate your own disk but its much easier to use the method darth suggested
      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
      X