Vista SP1 kills my WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista SP1 kills my WiFi

Okay, so it's 1:54 AM and I just finished updating my Vista lappy. The download was slow (400+ MB) and the install was slower. When it's done, the boot up times are faster, lag times are gone, bye bye "Calculating Time Remaining" and all that rubbish.

But then it happens, my WiFi won't work, which means I can't access the internet. I tried rebooting, nope. I tried driver rollbacks, nope.
    Any ideas to try and kick the WiFi on again? I can see my SSID but when I try to connect, It says "Connected with Limited Connectivity" and that's it. No Internet at all.

P.S: Apparently, Vista SP1 hates my ZoneAlarm Firewall (Free) too. That sucks.

P.S.2: I'm using my basement computer if you're wondering...

Re: Vista SP1 kills my WiFi

Sorry for the double post, admins...

Now it's 2:21 AM and here's what I tried. I carried the lappy down the stairs and into the basement. I took a straight, four feet long, CAT5 network cable. I plugged the cable to the wireless router and put the other end into my laptop. Result? No internet access. SP1 kills my WiFi, LAN and Firewall.

Oddly enough, when I run around the house, I can see the signal bars going up and down. This means that the WiFi is sniffing signals, but something is preventing it from connecting.

It says connected, but the speed is a flat 0 Mbps.

Got to go... I need sleep and staying up late is killing me. (Not literally... LOL.)

Comment

Working...
    X