USB root hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB root hubs

odd question, but I have 2 devices that really do not like each other. I have been told to either buy a USB hub or to fill all the ports on the first virtual hub so the item uses the 2nd virtual hub.

Is there a software that runs a virtual USB hub for you? or even one that fills your ports for you?

Thanks in advance.

Re: USB root hubs

Hmmm... I've not heard of a virtual USB hub, but if you have a dodgy one you might try a new one. I have had good luck with those that require a separate power source and are not fully powered by the PC. If a laptop, this probably won't work, but it works great for those systems where you just want to extend the number of 2.0 ports available.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

well, I don't use an actual hub, just ports on my PC. I have been told that I can buy a HUB that has it's own power source and it will work, just trying to avoid that since windows has 2 HUBs already, one just needs to be filled ot activate the 2nd.

Let me explain the USB device problem, and maybe that will help.

The 2 devices are.

Plantronics USB headset

and the

Microsoft 360 controller for windows.

When I plug in the 360 controller, the sound on my headset goes into 8bit mono and it's horribly static and everything. And the only way to fix it is to reboot without the 360 controller plugged in.

Normal sound on the soundcard works fine, but I live in these headphones now and would like to avoid spending any money.

Comment

Sounds like a definite driver issue. I would probably get with both MS (lol) and Platronics and see if there are known issues and fixes as well as confirming you have the latest drivers installed for both devices. As long as you are using WinXP or beyond, you should not be having any issues with resources or the USB ports themselves.
        My Toys

Comment

I'm done trying to work the drivers and contact them, thats a dead end street. I was just hoping for a work around for the usb root hubs.

Comment

Not that I have ever heard of, but you might try Googling for some sort of "Virtual USB Hub" and see what comes up.
            My Toys

Comment

yea, there isn't any I checked before I made, unless I am reading the links wrong. And if you check that now on google, this post is on the first page, ha

Comment

Working...
              X