Deleting Windows Vista Folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting Windows Vista Folder?

I have a seagate HD that has all my itunes music and huge video games on it etc... it also has a copy of vista installed.

In trying to simply delete the windows folder it wouldn't allow me such an action. I tried to add the permission but the damn thing wouldn't allow me to add it!

So what is the microsoft magic word to delete this steaming heap?

Re: Deleting Windows Vista Folder?

format c:\ ?

If it is a permission issue, you need to make the change while in safe mode.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion View Post
      format c:\ ?

If it is a permission issue, you need to make the change while in safe mode.
      No this is on a drive I would like to now use for storage but it has important stuff on it aside from the windows files.

I'd just like to free up the ~7gig windows is taking up. I'll give the safemode a try but it isn't allowing me to add permissions. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I keep digging around in properties and security and everything to add/remove permissions on the F:\Windows is simply greyed out and not accessible.

Comment

Even though you are the same user, you cannot change system folder permissions while in a normal session of Windows. The OS still thinks it is a different user trying to hijack the permissions so refuses to change them. The Safe Mode boot allows you to make those changes. Just make sure that if you have nultiple accounts, that when you boot to Safe Mode you use one that has full administrative privileges.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X