Windows problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows problem!

Hi guys!im having a really annoying windows problem what happened is that whenever i login to my user account it gives me an error so i press "Dont send" but then after that it doesnt show anything it just shows my desktop background any ideas on how to fix this?the last thing i did before this happened was update my windows and then installed service pack 2 any ideas whats the reason why this happened?please help me coz i cant use my other pc.thanks!

Re: Windows problem!

Umm It would help if you told us what the error was? I assume windows XP? As I dont know of service pack 2 for Vista, you do realise that service pack 2 for xp has been out for years and there is a service pack 3 now? But ok here what you can do. Restart your computer and start tapping F8, when the screen come ups select Start windows in "Safe Mode with networking" or just safe mode. Then when in safe mode a box will pop up. Click No and do a system restore to an earlier date. lets say Yesterday or the last restore point prior to you updating bindows. Then it wil restart after it finishes restoring and all should be good. Let us know how you go.
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Comment

Hi!thanks NimrodAUS for the reply ummm sorry if i wasnt detailed in my post well im using a Windows Xp and i know that service pack 2 is old well its just that i have the cd of it so for the meantime i decided to install it well the error that pops up in the screen says that "windows explorer encountered a problem..." well i tried to do the safe mode but even though its in safe mode it just game me a black background and thats it,i cant access my pc unless i use safe mode with command prompt but i dont know even wat to do there any ideas?thanks for the reply

Comment

Na man sorry I really dont have much of an idea there but there is one other option. Aside from a fresh format and new install you can boot with the bindows cd, tell it you want to do a new install, it will come back and tell you that there is already a windows Installation and ask if you want to repair it. (hopefully) Tell it yes. Works most of the time and all your data should be intact. I hope this method works. If you have a spare HDD install bindows on it so u can copy any Mission Critical Files onto it before attempting a repair. So you cannot get to say the start menu at all not even with safe mode?? I cant really remember safe mode with command prompt but id assume its just a dos thing?
        Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
        Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
        Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
        Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
        Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
        G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
        2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
        Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
        2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
        Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
        Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
        Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
        ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
        Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
        Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
        Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
        NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
        1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
        Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Comment

Working...
        X