This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sp1

hmm...looks so same to me, anyone else got sp1? rtm 1106?

No but I need a download location ;)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I can wait another 7 days till Sept 9 for the public release from the official MS SP1 download site :)

From what I've read, some things have changed - nothing dramatic though. Windows Media Player 9 and the like. Nja469 over at Tom's Hardware XP forums has put up some basic screenshots

Download links for the SP1 final "beta" are here
      My Machine

Comment

have you read where it'll disable any unlicensed version of XP when you install it
        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

While I certainly don't support piracy, what MS is actually doing will probably not affect many warez copies. You decide whether that's a good or a bad thing.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but suffice it to say that SP1 will only look for certain XP Keys and can't detect all warez installations. In particular, XP keys distributed on websites and P2P programs will be found by SP1, but legitimate and randomly generated keys will not be affected.

I run a legitimate install of XP Pro, so I'm not exactly losing sleep over this issue.
          My Machine

Comment

PMs tweak

Comment

oh yeah, for some reason, i still run wmp8 =P

Comment

SP1 Official Final has been released. Get it from the MS Site
                My Machine

Comment

there is a key generator you can run on yer system that will generate working keys for you version of windows and sp1 will not find anything wrong with these keys, i've seen it tested

Comment

Actually, if the key is generated on any computer with that program, it will work for all computers. I tried the one Blade made... worked fine on my 2nd PC.

Comment

thats cause we all got the same version of windows.

Comment

... good point. :)

Comment

Hey guys...Ok...I have an XP Pro Corp CD and I slipstreamed SP1 into it...and it works perfectly...one thing changed...

The origional CD was a Select Version (no need for Serial)
                          After slipstreaming SP1...I had to enter a Serial #....

And I didnt try it with the famous "F" Serial...but I have another one...and it worked...

Now just a quick question...After I have SP1 installed...that means all the updates from day one of XP....are installed already????...because I go to the Windows Update site and I check Installation History and it says i havent installed any updates...does that mean that SP1 already has all of them so i dont need the WU site to update or does it just say SP1 without any updates???

Just curious ( i thought "Installation History" would tell me what SP1 updated)

Peace

Comment

Yeah, basically all the SP1 is is all the updates to date and a few other bits and pieces... :) if that made sense

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                              Yeah, basically all the SP1 is is all the updates to date and a few other bits and pieces... :) if that made sense
                              Thanks BEEFY

Comment

Working...
                              X