autorun.inf file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autorun.inf file

I have created a autorun.inf file but I don't know how to put it the cd. It says
    Ihave to :write it into the CD's root directory. How the hell I do that?
    I tried copying the file to the cd but it didn't work.
    autorun.inf file I created looks like this:
    [autorun]
    open=house.exe
    icon=house.exe,0
    Is this right?
    Please help
    Thanx!
    :bounce: :confused:
    YES YES YES!
    0%
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%
    Metallica who?
    0%

The root directory is the top directory. All folders are branches off the root directory. It is the trunk of a folder tree identified by the drive letter and a \ (backslash). The path to an autorun.inf file in the root directory would be D:\autorun.inf . The .exe file either has to be in the root directory as well, or you have to show the path to it after the open=. (Example: open=house\house.exe if house.exe is in the house folder.)
    I'm pretty sure that you have to specify an .ico file for the icon. I could be wrong, but I don't think autorun can extract an icon from an executable (usually if they are part of another file it is a .dll). The line would look something like: icon=bitmap\house.ico (substitute the correct path and filename).

Comment

as for your poll even though I don't really like metallica's modern music I still ilke ALL there old stuff and still have ALL there old cd's and the Box of Live ****. So I put YES YES YES. As for do they still rock? I'm not sure becuase there modern day music but its still there music and they still rock always.

Comment

By-the-way; I remember what rocked!
        Jerry Lee Lewis
        Chubby Checker
        The Beach Boys

Did they make Rock and Roll after the Doors?

Comment

Working...
        X