Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security Flaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Flaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your not using sp1 yet make sure you go to this link:

watch this vid from The Screen Savers ..

To sum it up, if you don't fix this loophole. Clicking on a link on a webpage could delete your whole /windows folder, or any other folder that the person wishes.

my god. If only I could get service pack to work on my PC. Well as the temporary fix I renamed that file. heh.

SP1 pisses me off it caused alot of problems. Problems such as turned my 20 second boot up into a 4-5 minute boot up. I guess maybe I could try it again and this time I will archive the files that way if it does screw me up AGAIN. I can just as easily uninstall it. I wodner if its worth the hassle.

Comment

Old news............

Comment

maybe to you........I have never heard of such a thing until JUST NOW!!

I think its worth the risk again. If service pack screws up my PC again then it looks like I'll be formatting today. Wish me luck! :scream:

Comment

Good luck ReSpAwN DeMoN - old news is new news to those who haven't heard it
          :D

Comment

It doesn't matter........

This flaw was discovered weeks ago!!

Comment

yeah over 11 weeks ago - so why didn't microshaft warn their users:?:

Comment

There are several known security loopholes that still remain in the WindowsXP system. Why didn't Microsoft fix these as well?

As for the SP1 service pack, I'll still pass. It was a huge hype that ended up being about worthless. Sure it fixed a couple security leaks, but it also created more and also limited the functionality of my programs (thinks of the impossible to access dual email identities under OE6).

SP1 is a waste of the time it takes to download. :thumbs do
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

doesn't matter that it was discovered weeks ago. This is the first time I have heard of it. AND THAT IS ALL THAT COUNTS!!!!

Anyway I just finished install service pack 1.............then uninstalling service pack1 becuase for the THIRD TIME it screwed my PC. I guess you can say I'm "unservicepackable?"

Comment

For you guys that are screaming,crying, etc. etc. etc.
                    PLEASE go to......http://grc.com/xpdite/xpdite.htm

JUST TRYING TO HELP....

Comment

wow......I don't know what it did or what file it replaced but it made me happy. Thanks

Comment

As always......we gotta look out for each other!!!

Be safe............:thumb:

Comment

Or just do this:To get rid of the vulnerability, you have two choices. You can install XP's
                          new SP1, which will give Billg remote root privileges on your box by virtue
                          of his new, Trojan EULA (and silently re-enable some services you may have
                          disabled like 'automatic update'); or you can just go to
                          C:\Windows\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\SYSTEM\DFS\ and find the file uplddrvinfo.htm.
                          This you can simply delete or rename. But beware of installing MS patches
                          later on: these have a funny tendency to restore files and settings outside
                          their immediate purview, back to Redmond defaults.(text is taken
                          from a different place):D

Comment

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                            X