Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error (Code 19)

Re, Epson Perfection 1250U scanner.

My friend is receiving this error message.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration (in the registry) is incomplete of damaged. (Code 19)

How do we overcome this problem?

Has he unistalled the drivers for it and reinstalled them again? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yes, we removed the drivers and re-installed them, and the scanner worked fine.
      But when you restart the computer, the scanner folder is missing, and you get this error message again.
      Someone told me I might have to rebuild the registry, but this sounds like a nightmare.
      Any ideas/help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Can you turn the scanner on first before booting? Here's a link to a possible solution. It says cd drive, but somebody else said it fixed a Zip drive problem.

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Comment

Thanks,

We did boot the computer up with the scanner on, but it didn't seem to make any difference, I'll try again just in case.
          I've got the same scanner working under Win Me and never had a problem.

Great comment on the thread (Refresh Rate), made me laugh.

Comment

XP will not recognize any peripherals if they are not switched on at startup unlike Win9x os's. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
            X