Computer shuts down when Windows 8 sleeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer shuts down when Windows 8 sleeps

I've got a new build running, but am having a very frustrating problem with Windows 8 64bit: every time the computer sleeps on its own, it shuts off. When it boots back up again, I get a message that there was an error and the computer shut down, but no description of what the error was or where it occurred.

I have experimented with every iteration of the power management settings in the BIOS of my Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H motherboard, nothing different happens. Currently, all OS related power settings are disabled.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Computer shuts down when Windows 8 sleeps

Mmmm i thin you must be make sure to your windows setting in control panel and look out your power options setting because this is the main settings where you can exist and change the power schemes i think you have make the option of turn off windows after 5 mints or this type so you should make sure your this settings and then try again.....

Comment

Re: Computer shuts down when Windows 8 sleeps

I have also gotten this error many times when running Windows 8.0 on my Asus laptop. I installed windows 8.1 preview 9431 and the computer has been running much better ever since. I am not sure what happened, but I will see how it goes once the final build comes out later this month.
      Been a member way to long lol ;)

Asus Laptop!!!!!!!:
      Core 2 duo 2.5
      Geforce 9500 512mb
      250 gig hard drive
      4 gigs DDR2 ram!
      64 bit Vista Ultimate and loving it :)

Comment

Working...
      X