Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address Book

Hi all!
    How can change the Address Book store location like My Favorites, My Documents etc by TweakUI. I have tried to find out program to do that but no luck. Can anyone here help?
    ecim

Sorry, but I don't think I understand what you're asking here.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

If you are using the XP version of tweakui, what you want is an option called 'Special folders'
      Its located under the 'My Computer' section of TweakUI

Simply select the folder you want to change, and, well. Change it.

Your reference to 'address book' has got me stumped as well. If you check the help files that come with your email client, they should tell you where data files such as email messages, attachments and address books are stored.

Comment

Yes I use XP version of TweakUI and I also know that there is Special Folders. There are a lot of folders which location I can move, but there isn't Address Book. I know where Address Book is located but I'd like to move it to the folder I daily backup. There are also My Favorites, My Documents etc. which I backup very often. My purpose is that all important data is in one folder which I backup every day. Sorry I asked a wrong question in the wrong forum. Won't happen again.
        ecim

Comment

Why don't you just export it to the folder that backup daily?

Comment

I don't believe that exporting it will make that the location of the working copy. It just creates a backup at that point. If I understand the problem now (yes, the light came on), he wants to move the actual location of this file to where he already performs a daily backup.

ecim,
            Is this the Address Book from Outlook/Outlook Express? If so, then you should just be able to move the address book and then point the program to the new location. This is what we do at work when we allow users to run their saved address books from the server's shared resources. It helps when a system goes belly up... I can reinstall and then establish their working address book again.

Just a thought.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

It's Outlook Express Address Book. With TweakUI and TweakXP programs I can change for example My Documents original location to the folder I backup daily, but with these same programs I can't change the location of Address Book. I asked you if you know the program by which I can do that. If there isn't any program like that then I have to backup it manually as I have done so far. I am sorry my poor english. Thanks anyway.
              ecim

Comment

I use pocomail to do exactly what you require. I set poco to backup everytime i close it, and se the backup path to my specified backup directory. when i shutdown at night, poco backs up everything automagically.

If switching email clients isnt an option, then you could try finding the file that outlook saves your data do, then write a batch file that backs it up for you when you execute it

Comment

Working...
                X