Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP's Error Signature

Hi

I managed to upgrade my Compaq PC, a PIII, 1.0GHz, 256 MB Ram, from ‎Win.98 to XP Pro. successfully and all seemed OK, however, once or twice a ‎day, on opening or closing the “My Document” folder or “Internet Explorer” the ‎screen will freeze and the following message is displayed with the option to ‎‎“Close”: ‎

Windows Explorer
    Error signature
    AppName:explorer.exe AppVer:6.0.2800.1106‎ ModName:ntdll.dll
    ModVer:5.1.2600.1106‎ Offset:00002b6a‎

By clicking the close option, the screen is cleared and the desktop reappears ‎again, obviously with the loss of unsaved data.‎

Please could I have your advice?‎

Many Thanks

Harry

Usually I'd say that this could be a BIOS but as you have all these unusual characters in your post I really can't say for sure. Copy your BIOS version down and then head over to Compac and see if that BIOS version is compatible with XP, if not download a suitable one and flash it in. That's all I can think of atm as name brand computers usually have a BIOS to suit the operating system that's installed on them but do try and sort out those error codes for us as that would help (or is there another language involved here?). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thank you for your guidance

I have managed to flash the BIOS successfully with the latest version from ‎Compaq, as directed, however the problem still persists.‎

The error massages are:‎
      ‎ ‎
      Windows Explorer
      Error signature

AppName:explorer.exe ‎
      AppVer:6.0.2800.1106‎
      ModName:ntdll.dll
      ModVer:5.1.2600.1106‎
      Offset:00002b6a

I would appreciate your further advice.‎

Harry

Comment