This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "msoobe.exe" dont load..

Heyz guys, i read the article on updating to SP1, when tryin to load "msoobe.exe" the comp loads for a while then does nothing.
    Whats goin on?

so noonez knowz? i must have disabled somefin ah well, time to format :P

Comment

I have the same pb !! it sucks !!! don't want to format !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fredxxx
        I have the same pb !! it sucks !!! don't want to format !!!
        hey guys, you may not have to re-format.
        I had this problem-but eventually sussed that it was because I had run Anti-Spy BEFOREtrying this-so if you have too just reset all your Anti-Spy settings and should be ok-worked a treat for me.
        Let me know how it goes-Cheers.Y-S.

Comment

I figured this problem ages back its got to do with "licdll.dll".. i couldnt run msoobe.exe as i had de-registered licdll.dll which i think msoobe.exe requires to run. So register licdll.dll and all should be well, SP1 has been running excellent on my machine for over a month now.. :D

Comment

can you help with the dll regsitration ?

regsvr32.exe /i c:\windows\system32\licdll.dll

doesn't work

Comment

actually it doesnt work on my machine either but i also have prof vers of windows so that might make a diff. i have a big problem though when i try to bring up my change cd key window its blank and blue :) anyone have any info on xp prof please let me know anything . ty for ur time.

Comment

I think that u might be having a corrupt msoobe.exe. Try copying a fresh copy from your WinXP CD and try again.
                Another thing that i m not able to understand is that when you have a legit CD key then why in this world would you like to change it?
                Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                ======================
                jabber : [email protected]
                =======================
                Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

im changing my cd key cuz b4 i moved and lost my cd i installed the same copy of xp on another comp it was my friends comp, he registered the version online cuz he is dumb now im trying to change his cd key. make sense ?kinda ?
                  if u have a better solution i would love to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
                    when you have a legit CD key then why in this world would you like to change it?
                    You wouldn't (and shouldn't). Obviously the 1 "legit" copy of XP is being used by several different machines - thus making it technically illegal.

Anyway, you guys know the drill....Closed.
                    My Machine

Comment

Working...
                    X