Format ain't happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format ain't happening

Win XP ntfs and it won't let me reformat. Why I ask. Any suggestions? Or any tricks. Thank you, Scott:hammer:

are you trying to format within windows? Sorta a stupid question if you dont' mind me asking.........

If not what are you trying to format within...what kind of error messages are you getting?

Comment

And, is it the c: drive you are trying to reformat? Using a boot disk?

Comment

I want to Blitz the C drive. I tried to do it within windows and it told me that utilities need to be exited first. Should I do it a different way?

Comment

you can't format if the drive is still in use, and if you are in windows, then you are using the drive.

If you are planning on re-installing XP, then boot your computer from the XP cd, and it will give you the option to format your drive.

Otherwise, you'll need to get a boot disk of some sort and FDISK, an application for managing hard drive partitions.

Comment

The Utilities it mentions is windows, use a boot disk or cd and do it that way.
            You will then have t ore-install windows.

Comment

I will use the cd and try it that way. Thank you guys....:wave:

Comment

????????????????? Will it fomat both hard drives or just the main one (C)?

Comment

It will format the drive you select during installation.

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X