X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is WinPE??

What exactly is "Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment"
    -

Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) is a minimal operating system based on the Windows XP kernel. WinPE functionally replaces DOS and contains the minimum functionality needed to run Windows Setup, scripts, or custom installation and imaging apps. With WinPE you can automate the preinstallation of Windows to your workstations and servers, as well as access, backup and repair NTFS file systems, access file shares on the network and perform other networking tasks.

-

Can someone explain this to me...I just want to make sure what exactly is this and how it works.

Thanks...

FiRe

This article may help:

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
      Thanks...is this mainly for Companies...or could it be for consumer use also??

Comment

I can't see why not as a copy of that would be of great help to me atm with all these SP1 screwed XP setups that have been turnin' up here lately (will be the same as doin' Win9x repairs or info retrieval under DOS). :thumb:

For those out there who are thinkin' of SP1 don't unless you're puttin' it on a clean install. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by FiReBLaZR
          Thanks...is this mainly for Companies...or could it be for consumer use also??
          you get a free copy of the WinXP OPK with every OEM multipack of WinXP [at least 3 copies of the OS].

Comment

Working...
          X