X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new user 2 xp needs help if poss

hi all

im new 2 this forum and 2 the world of xp pro:confused:
    i know about the restore points so i made a few before installing various drivers ... just in case
    is there anyway i can remove the 1st restore points and keep the newer one's ???
    2nd Q if i may ......can i take out my 2nd H/d from old pc ( win 98se ) and put it in my new xp pc and transfar files over this way ??.....i know that 98 runs under fat32 and xp under ntfs ( i think )...is this ok 2 do ??
    :confused:
    thanks 4 ur help

P.S.
    2nd question is the 1 i need some info on ....;)
    pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

found this out as well........the drive dont show up under my computer......but it shows the fat32 H/D under device manager
    just noticed that under device manager --- right click properties that the device usage is blank ??
    why that then :confused:

is there a way i can convert the info or something ??:confused:

Comment

Yes you can but be sure to set it as a slave to the other hard drive and XP will work on/with both FAT32 and NTFS. ;)

I prefer to do files by 100Mbps network though but a USB cable can connect both (if both equiped with USB ports) to substitute for a network connection and is much less hassle than swapping drives around plus maybe coming across a hardware conflict when the other drive is install with the probability of file corruption. :thumb:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
      X