Can't Change XP CD Key!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Change XP CD Key!!!

I followed the instructions from TweakTown's site on how to install XP SP-1 but whenever I try to change my CD Key using that program, it says that i have mistyped the new CD Key. This happens at the Window where I have to type my new CD key. I have installed all the updates from the Windows Update site except the XP SP-1 and was wandering if that could be the problem... Can anyone please help me out...:scream:

you should try again, i followed the instruvtions and got it first time. with that i managed to get the service pack 1 update thats been eluding me for months. top work tweaktown fella's. have this drink on me.

Comment

It dosen't work....It still says that I have an incorrect key... :( Anyway, just to remind you all, I have installed every single update on Windows Upadate website and maybe thats my problem... I just wanna know If anyone has the same problem as me and could someone help me out? :scream:

Comment

i,ve also installed all the updates. however, after installing sp 1, all the other updates vanished from the add/remove programs. strange, but never mind, it works. i am also using xp pro, dont know if that makes a difference.

Comment

They vanished because all of those hot fixes are incorporated into the service pack already.

Comment

thx gregg. i suspected that might be the case.

Comment

Have you tried changing the key by doing a "windows update" installation? I think its called dynamic installation or something of the sort. Just pop in the cd from the desktop........choose windows update as the option........when it prompts you for a key, just put in the new one and continue with the update. This will change your key too.

Comment

invalid key,try another key.

Comment

Thanks Don..........yes...you need a valid before you can change it.

Comment

Working...
                  X